When do we collect your personal information?
We would really like to send you details about our products, services, offers and promotions but we will only do so when you tell us that you are happy to receive this information. You can let us know that you would like to receive this information either in-store or online.
We will also ask for and use your personal information, (such as name, address, email, DOB, tel number) when you buy products and services or enter one of our competitions both in-store and online. This is so that we can complete your order or for entry into our competition but we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you agree for us to do this. (We always have opt in tick boxes on our competitions and we specify clearly who we are sharing your data with & when).
By entering your details in the fields on Lucavanucci.co.uk you enable the Luca Vanucci and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. For example to sign up to our newsletter. If you contact us through our website we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Please remember that you allow us to use your personal information when you use our website.
Your privacy is important to us and so we will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party for the use of the information for other purposes than described in this policy. We may give your personal information to our trusted service partners for delivering services to you. For instance, for the purposes of marketing (Visual Soft for order & personal data capture, Dotmailer for email marketing, NOSTO for personalised shopping), finance, advertising, processing payment, delivery and other in-store and out of store services.
We will make sure that your personal information is protected when it is sent outside of Lucavanucci.co.uk. We make sure our trusted service partners keep your personal information safe.
What we do with the personal information you provide to us?
We use the information you give to us in a number of different ways:
- Processing orders. To process your order ensuring that the personal and financial information you provide is accurate. For this, we use payment systems of trusted third parties (Secure Trading; Paypal; Global Payments) to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. We use systems of fraud analysis which ensure that genuine and accurate payment details are being provided for any purchase.
- Delivery of orders. For some of our deliveries we use trusted third party service providers (eg Royal Mail; DPD) We will share your personal information provided to us with them for example name, delivery preferences and delivery address to ensure that the products and services you buy from us are delivered to the correct address.
- Customer Feedback. After you purchase from our website you may receive a post purchase customer feedback request. This survey email (via our website) is your opportunity to rate and comment on both our service and the products you have bought. We may also on occasions ask you to complete surveys that we use to find out about your experience whilst shopping with us for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Keeping you updated. If you have opted in to receive our email newsletter we will use your personal information to send you emails on our products and services. You can unsubscribe from our email list and from all future mailings by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe from this list’ in the footer of the email.
- Shopping online. When making a purchase on Lucavanucci.co.uk you have the option to set up an account on our website. This enables you to purchase products and services from Lucavanucci.co.uk without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us. If your account has been inactive for a long period of time, we reserve our right to deactivate your account.
- Data Storage. We may store and process the information you provide to us for a period of time to enable to us to assist with any potential product faults, returns or complaints and to ensure that any allegation of fraudulent use of identity can be properly investigated in the future.
- Website and customer user improvements. We collect information to determine how to improve our site by seeing which areas; features and products are most popular. We also keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics, and then we discard it.
- Fraud prevention. To prevent fraud or other criminal activity and to make sure your information is accurate, we may pass on the information we have about you to other companies, retailers, financial organisations or other organisations specialising in the prevention of fraud and crime. We are sometimes obligated to disclose the information we have about customers to law enforcement agencies where an allegation has been made of suspected criminal activity.
Statistical analysis. We may use the information we collect from you to analyse how you shop and what you shop for. Please see further information about this in our Cookies section below.
Storage of personal information
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to mistral-online.com; any transmission is at your own risk. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and processed via our secure transaction partner, Secure Trading. Alternatively you have the option to pay for your purchase via a link at checkout to the PayPal website.
We keep the personal information we collect about you in secure environments by using the services of thirdparty companies. Your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organisation or individuals. We work with website storage service providers and our website developers to help store and manage personal data obtained from our website.
If you have subscribed to receive our customer email we work with third party provider who store your name, email address, address and details.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain Lucavanucci.co.uk, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please make sure that you read their privacy policies before you submit any information to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
No longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you do not wish to be contacted about our products or services, you can unsubscribe by emailing our customer service team at
To update your records or access your information
If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name, address etc.) then please go to your online account and update your settings or email us at the above email so that we can correct it. You can also contact us on this email address if you would like to know what information Luca Vanucci holds about you, we will provide you with that information subject to a reasonable fee within 40 days of receiving the request.
To remove your account & personal information from our records please email your request to email@example.com
All our pages are now HTTPS meaning that all communications between your browser and our website are encrypted.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google. This statistical information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site. This information helps us to optimise our content to better meet the needs of our customers. We may in the future also use other similar cookies to track the same information using other third party advertising providers. Any historical data will remain for analysis purposes.
LucaVanucci.co.uk , on occasion, uses the Google AdWords/ Facebook Ads remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google/Facebook) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
To Disable Cookies
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en, you can also opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings via this link or permanently using a browser plug.